||Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Study scripts to become familiar with production concepts and requirements.
- Edit films and videotapes to insert music, dialogue, and sound effects, to arrange films into sequences, and to correct errors, using editing equipment.
- Select and combine the most effective shots of each scene in order to form a logical and smoothly running story.
- Mark frames where a particular shot or piece of sound is to begin or end.
- Determine the specific audio and visual effects and music necessary to complete films.
- Verify key numbers and time codes on materials.
- Organize and string together raw footage into a continuous whole according to scripts and/or the instructions of directors and producers.
- Review assembled films or edited videotapes on screens or monitors in order to determine if corrections are necessary.
- Program computerized graphic effects.
- Adjusts errors and complaints.